Sep 7, 2014

Somewhere between Iowa and Utah

On our way back from Iowa, we brought up an old iPhone app we hadn't used in years.  
It's nifty little thing that shows you all the different, weird attractions around.  We used it all during our trip to Wisconsin (here, here, here, here and here,)  It made the trip so much more memorable and fun!  (we also used it on our Portland trip, which I'll post about later.)


I don't even know which state we were in on our way back, but I saw this while driving and promptly pulled over.  I'm glad my husband is used to this kind of thing.  We're a go-with-the-flow kind of family, except for when we are not. 


What I thought was going to be a giant Jesus statue was in fact a Virgin Mary statue!  This town was TINY.  I don't think you could even call it a town, but their statues were amazing. 


Can you feel how ginormous this was?



I loved all the pictures we took.  The sky was amazing and the lighting seemed heavenly. 




Around the Virgin Mary was a circle of different statues, each with a little plaque.   




While it was an odd place for these, I was glad for the message. 



God lives and he died for us, because he loved us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis