Sep 11, 2014

Yard Sale and a Shpadoinkle Day

I've been trying to simplify my life lately.  I am not a clean person by nature.  As a result I've banished myself from thrifting.  
It's been hard.  
I only go to the thrift shop to donate.  Last week I decided that I needed to go yard saling. I hadn't been all summer and I figured it would be okay to go once this summer.  Let me tell you, it was just as amazing as I hoped it would be!
 

One of our last stops was such a winner I could hardly contain my excitement!  While my sister went to lay under a tree I was finding all sorts of treasures!  I found these giant-little people that were only quarter each!


Then these amazing wooden puzzles.


A wooden rocking chair kit for only ten bucks. A Tupperware ball thing that I've been wanting to buy forever, (fifty cents) and this adorable Popsicle brand sweater for the kidlets!!


Thennnnnn I found a box of Duplos Legos!! The same train set I grew up with!  Ahhhhh!  I'm all excited about it all over again! 


I mean, how awesome is this?  I bought EVERYTHING they owned as far as little people and Legos.  This is why yard saling is so dangerous.


These little guys happened to be a recent favorite of Aiko's. Her little cousin had the exact set and she was slightly obsessed.


This sweater is so rad I can't believe it.  Both my kids will be wearing it!!

Aiko could totally tell how excited I was about it all.  I was going to save some of it for her birthday or something, but I needed her to have it.  


She's been playing with all her new toys for hours.   See what I mean about the Little People being Giant Little People?


She picks them up one by one and then place them one by one, over and over...


And over.




I'm starting to understand how other Mamas say how much fun it is to buy for their kids instead of themselves.  I never thought I'd get to that point, especially over toys, because it warms my heart like a baked potato!  See this video on Youtube.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis