Aug 14, 2014

Utah Only Holiday


So, the 24th of July in Utah is a State Holiday.  Which, only state employees and mamas get off.   Usually, people have BBQs, family parties, go swimming...ya know, hot activities.  Instead, my sister and I decided that we'd celebrate the Utah Pioneer holiday Japanese style.   We looked up the best Sushi place in Ogden and off we went.  We went to Hanamaru Japanese Sushi & Kaiseki.  

It was delicious.  



I've been on a seaweed salad quick for a while. Call me crazy, but I love the texture and the flavor.  Luckily, Aiko does too. 


The sushi place has this amazing rock garden.  It's quite peaceful for having their restaurant just off of Washington Boulevard.  We let Aiko run around to get all her squirms out.


After the husband got off work, we headed to the REAL soccer game!  Our friends, the Terry's invited us along.  With the World Cup just ending, I was feeling some deep sadness for soccer.


I really want to start playing soccer again, but after three knee surgeries I'm really hesitant.  I keep thinking, well, maybe if I just don't play super hard, or run, or this or that...I just miss playing. 


It was a great game and it ended with fireworks!



It's a crappy picture, but can you see all the eerie glows on the field?  Crazy how many cellphones were out that night. 

Thanks for inviting us Terry's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis