Jun 18, 2014

Moab, before the car died.


Aiko's favorite thing about Moab?  Probably the cabinets.  We stayed in a suite (thanks grandpa) that came with some kitchenettes.  She loved climbing in and out.  In and Out.



The entrance into Moab and Arches National Park is amazing.




I'll admit, I was somewhat nervous taking two kids under two to Moab without my husband.  When he told me he'd be going to Austin, I was probably 8 months pregnant and I tried to keep my cool, but I was freaking out!   It made me anxious just thinking how he would be gone for a week when our new baby would only be 5 weeks old.  So what did I do?  I kind of invited my mom, myself and kids to Moab with Derek's parents.  Luckily, they let us come. :)  All I knew was that I was not just going to sit at home while the husband was gone.





I'm so glad we went too, even if our car did die.



The views were spectacular.


I was a little sad that the husband couldn't be there to hike for the first time with his babies.  Plus, Landscape Arch is amazing.











Aiko's cousin Tyler was her best friend.  I don't think I've ever seen her really interact so much with another little person.






Luckily, this mama packed super well, she packed everything except for extra shorts.  But who needs those when you can wear a diaper around anyway?


Lovely.







This hike was just the right amount of time and length for all of us.  I had planned to do a whole other hike with the kids, but when we got in the car, all three of them fell asleep (eventually.) That's when you know it's time to quit for a while. 





Besides, the drive out was nice and quiet. 



There was a lovely rainbow ring in the sky.  



Also, let it be known that my uncle installed the giant awning system over the visitors center! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis