May 22, 2014

Finally, getting it.



People always ask me if I can teach them to crochet.  Thing is, I had to try crocheting multiple times over 20 years to finally get it right.  I remember the first thing I crocheted...it was suppose to be just a square.  It ended up being some kind of trapezoid shape.  

Fast forward years later, in order to get it right, I had my mom sitting there, reading instructions with me and testing it all.  Even now, 5 years later, I still go to her to see what she thinks this pattern is saying.  It's crazy how there are so many different ways to write crochet patterns.  Everyone has their own way of saying the same thing.  I've made a lot of stuffed animals lately.  Only in the last couple months, and only making tons of these bunnies (here) have I figured out how to make my own patterns.  Like this little lady.


So, if you want to learn to crochet, maybe you should ask my mom instead.  Since, really, it took me over the course of 20 years to learn crocheting.   Good thing for moms right?

1 comment:

  1. You made that pattern up? Impressive! It is so cute!! The only things I have ever crocheted are blankets and scarfs. 3D objects seem way complicated

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis