Mar 15, 2010

It's a BundT Cake. BundT
























Hali is having a Bridal Shower for one of her buddy's. I'm not even sure who she is, nonetheless I volunteered to make some desserts.  So here I am, using 700 Watts of mixing power.  Which, by the way, if you are thinking to yourself "Self, I could use a new mixer."  Think no More!  
Bosch Universal Mixer


Anyways, I decided to make Aunti Mitsie's poppyseed 7up cake.  I was cracking the 5 eggs, one by one, as the recipe called, all the while, thinking how cool I was cracking the eggs one handed.  (My friend Ryan taught me to do it one handed years ago) Until I dropped the innards plus the bigger half the eggshell.  
And because the Bosch Universal Mixer lets one drop the ingredients while mixing, the Bosch Universal Mixer munched up that half eggshell.                       
What to do.

I did think about starting over, but I had 1.5 cups of butter and 3 cups of sugar, plus the 5 eggs already invested in this cake.  So, we got down and dirty. I really don't mind getting dirty, but for some reason, I really hate butter, oil, olive oil, basically anything oily on my hands.  Which is probably why I don't really use lotion. . .but I sucked it up, washed my hands and proceeded to press out eggshells, between my fingers.  Eww.  

After thoroughly washing my hands repeatedly, I added the rest of the ingredients. So, we saved the BundT cake.  It will be delicious and eaten with soft hands.

7up Cake
Cook at 325 for 1.25 hours.

1.5 cups butter
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups flour
2 tbs lemon extract
.75 cups 7up
2 tbs poppy seeds

Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, (no eggshell please).  Beat well.  Add flour.  Beat in extract, 7up and poppy seeds.  Pour into a well greased BundT cake pan.  Create lemonly frosting to drizzle over.  

To top off the night, I am watching a Cake Challenge on Food Network.  What do you think those judges would say about my egg sifting hand technique?








No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis